https://www.dustbunniesoferie.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Cleaning-in-between-housekeeping-visits.png 350 570 Dust Bunnies https://www.dustbunniesoferie.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/House-Cleaning-Services.png Dust Bunnies2014-05-11 18:13:032015-02-14 02:31:56Cleaning In Between Visits
- Your cleaning in between visits can depend on three things: 1) how often you have housekeeping service 2) your standards for an acceptably clean house and 3) the number of high maintenance items you have, like clear glass shower doors, for instance. But most people find they don’t need to do a lot of cleaning in between times.
- Keep everything well picked-up. Try never to go to bed with a messy house. Get the family involved! A neat and tidy house automatically looks clean. Plus, you’ll get a lot more for your housekeeping dollar if the surfaces are clear and ready to be cleaned.
- Wipe down kitchen and bathroom counters. Generally, you don’t have to move everything to clean underneath, but do keep the counters clean and shiney.
- Clean kitchen sink and appliances as needed.
- Wipe the spots off bathroom mirrors. Use Windex Wipes in each bathroom to take care of both mirrors and counters.
- Sweep/vacuum floors. To preserve your carpets for years to come you must vacuum frequently. If that’s not an issue for you, you may not even run the vacuum between visits. S ‘up to you.
- Squeegee shower doors after each shower. The 30 seconds this takes means no soap buildup. This too will save your housekeepers time, and you money.
- Dust if you have to. If dust allergies are an issue or your conscience demands you dust every day or two, for heaven’s sake buy a good quality lambswool duster (about $10.00 at most any hardware store). Contrary to what some people think they do not “just spread the dust around,” they actually attract dust by the natural oil found in lambswool. You won’t believe how easy dusting can be. ( On the other hand, some of us just think of dust as a wood preservative and don’t bother our pretty little heads about it!)
We realize there may be other things that are important to you to do between housekeeper visits, but these are the basics.